Designing a room can be a challenge if you don’t have the eye for décor. However, have you at any point walked into an impeccably styled room and wondered how someone did it? The truth is it takes a lot to organize and plan for everything to seemingly fit together. Between paint color, furniture and accessories.
Sometimes we need a little help with our homes. Home decorators and interior designers have the unique eye and expertise to see all these elements at once and make a beautiful room come together with ease. By utilizing a few home décor tricks, you can create a room to be proud of.
Below are some very simple secrets from some well-known interior designers to help you
- “The first rule about decorating is that you can break almost all the other rules.” — Billy Bladwin
- ”Never push furniture up against the walls. By pulling your seating arrangement in (even just a few inches) you instantly warm up a space and create flow. ” — Betsy Burnham
- “Ceilings must always be considered. They are the most neglected space in a room.” — Albert Hadley
- “Pinches of color keep a room feeling youthful and engaging.” — Christina Murphy
- “Use wallpaper in unexpected places: on the ceiling, in a paneled room, in closets, hallways and small foyers. A great pattern or texture in small spaces can be a prodigious twist.” — Lindsay Coral Harper
- “I appreciate history but you have to bring your own experience into your rooms.” — Istvan Francer
- “I don’t think people have enough fun with decorating. It doesn’t always have to be so serious. Design isn’t like marriage, you don’t have to commit for life.” — Ross Cassidy
- “Real comfort, visual and physical is vital in every room.” — Mark Hampton
- “The most important thing? Perfect lighting at all times.” — Oscar de la Renta
- “Accessories are where I like to make a statement. They’re the soul of a room.” — Austin Warner
We all need to change things up from time to time. Interior design may seem daunting, but changes can be simple.
Expand your ideas and CLICK HERE!